Sunday 5 August 2012

Olympic Landscapes

Still a little unsure as to whether it will hit the button for Assignment 1 – The Season, but I’m having fun with my Olympic Landscapes – Cumbria 2012 series. I started off a little bit cynical – there was an awful lot of media hype in the run-up, when in reality, where I live it has essentially zero impact. That said, you would have to be made of stone not to get caught up in the success of Team GB and the shots have got a little more light hearted as the days have progressed. The real challenge, especially during the week, is being around for key finals and events – it makes little sense if I take the shots when I’m away on business, but so far I’ve been reasonably lucky.

Have been reading (still) Land Matters by Liz Wells and it seems my series may have some common ground with ‘My Weather Diary’ by Jari Silomaki. Will be looking him up ASAP. (EDIT: Have done this – other than his shots and mine relating everyday events to something more newsworthy, I would struggle to find a link.)

In the meantime I have the chance today to do a couple of shots for the sailing final, the badminton finals equestrian events and the 3000m steeplechase – I have some ideas in hand for each. I’m also tempted to pop down to the shoreline and try something for the beach volleyball while I have the chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment